Please inform the client of the following information, or direct them to the client section of our website. To prepare for the initial consultation, the following information is important
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 604-558-3379 the medical records including any lab work, biopsies, blood panels, thyroid tests etc. from the last 12 months.
Shampoos & Medications
Gather up any shampoos or medications that you have used within the last 6 months and bring them in with you.
To prepare for Appointment
- do not apply any ear cleanser/medication on the day of appointment as well as any topical cream on skin.
- do not feed patient breakfast on the day of appointment (or 6-8 hours before appointment)
- do not bathe patient in any medicated shampoo for 2-3 days before the appointment
To prepare for skin testing, the following restrictions apply
- NO long acting Cortisone, Depomedrol or Allergy Desensitization injections 6 WEEKS before appointment.
- NO Prednisone, Deltasone, Cortisone, Dexasone/Dexamethasone or Vanectyl-P tabs or injections, 2 WEEKS before appointment.
- NO Antihistamines 2 WEEKS before appointment. Note: if dog is on Atopica/Cyclosporine no withdrawl needed.
- NO Glucocorticoid topicals (eye drops/ointments, ear drops/ointments, skin drops/ointments) 2 WEEKS before appointment. Note: If dog is on Atopica/Cyclosporine no withdrawl needed.
- In order to ease the itchiness that will likely prevail once stopping the above drugs, you can use an oatmeal based shampoo, aloe vera gel, rinse with cold water a few times daily, or keep a shirt on them.
It is not uncommon for us to do an initial consultation on an animal who is using any of the above drug therapies. We are still able to begin our specific therapies and perform other valuable tests which will replace the need for the above medications.